The second round of the 2022-23 NFL Playoffs is upon us.
From an NFC East Saturday Night showdown to the highly anticipated Buffalo Bills-Cincinnati Bengals matchup, this weekend’s four matchups have plenty to watch for.
Read on for my Divisional Round Picks. If you’d like to debate or discuss any picks, or want to follow for more weekly NFL content including Picks and Power Rankings, be sure to connect with Sak Sports Blog on Twitter or on Facebook!
Week 1: 7-8-1
Week 2: 8-8
Week 3: 9-7
Week 4: 11-5
Week 5: 12-4
Week 6: 6-8
Week 7: 9-5
Week 8: 9-6
Week 9: 8-5
Week 10: 5-9
Week 11: 9-5
Week 12: 12-4
Week 13: 7-7-1
Week 14: 7-6
Week 15: 13-3
Week 16: 11-5
Week 17: 7-8
Week 18: 12-4
Regular Season Record: 162-107-2 (60%)
Postseason Record: 4-2 (66%)
#4 Jacksonville Jaguars (10-8) at #1 Kansas City Chiefs (14-3)
Props to Trevor Lawrence and the Jacksonville Jaguars for overcoming a 27-0 deficit against the Chargers last week, but I just can’t see the AFC South champions keeping up with Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs: in what shapes up to likely be their only game at Arrowhead Stadium this postseason.
Chiefs win 33-16
#6 New York Giants (10-7-1) at #1 Philadelphia Eagles (14-3)
The last time the Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants played with real stakes, Philadelphia blew out New York. But in Week 17, with the Giants resting many starters, Jalen Hurts and the Eagles just squeaked by.
Philadelphia is still the better team, but it’s an NFC East playoff game: things could get interesting. But the only way I could see the Eagles losing is if they beat themselves.
Eagles win 27-24
#3 Cincinnati Bengals (13-4) at #2 Buffalo Bills (14-3)
This is the best game of the weekend and the postseason so far: with the Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals finally set to face off after their regular season matchup was cancelled in the first quarter of play.
There’s not much to say about this matchup that hasn’t been said: Josh Allen vs. Joe Burrow should be awesome, and both these teams have what it takes to go all the way to Super Bowl 57.
It’s really a pick ‘em situation, and as great as I think Cincinnati is, someone has to lose this game: we’ll go with the home team.
Bills win 23-20
#5 Dallas Cowboys (13-5) at #2 San Francisco 49ers (14-4)
If the Dallas Cowboys play their best brand of football, this could be a thrilling finish to Divisional Round weekend. But with the San Francisco 49ers’ combination of offensive weapons and defensive prowess, Dak Prescott and company won’t be able to keep u
49ers win 35-24
- 2022-23 NFL Division Predictions: AFC East, AFC North, AFC South, AFC West, NFC East, NFC North, NFC South, NFC West
- 2022-23 NFL Position Rankings: Top 10 Quarterbacks, Top 10 Running Backs
- 2022-23 NFL Power Rankings: Post-Free Agency, Training Camp, Preseason, Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8, Week 9, Week 10, Week 11, Week 12, Week 13, Week 14, Week 15, Week 16, Week 17, Week 18, Wildcard
- 2022-23 NFL Picks: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8, Week 9, Week 10, Week 11, Week 12, Week 13, Week 14, Week 15, Week 16, Week 17, Week 18, Wildcard Weekend
- Playoff Bracket and Super Bowl 57 Prediction
- Preseason 2022-23 NFL Predictions: Playoffs and Super Bowl
- One-Year Prediction: Top Ten Super Bowl 57 Contenders
- Overtime Loss to Raiders Drops Broncos to 3-7, All But Ending Playoff Chances
- Kadarius Toney Scores 1st NFL Touchdown with Chiefs
- Philadelphia Eagles Unveil Updated Team Name Art for 2022
- Top Landing Spots for Jimmy Garoppolo in 2022 and 2023
- Las Vegas Raiders Will Work Out Colin Kaepernick, Per Reports
- 8 Potential Trade Destinations for Deebo Samuel
- Denver Broncos Acquire Russell Wilson from Seattle Seahawks in League-Changing Trade
- NFL 2021: Playoff Bracket and Super Bowl 56 Matchup
- 2021-22 NFL Predictions: Playoffs and Super Bowl
- Eli Manning is a Sure-Fire Hall of Famer
- 2022-23 NBA Predictions: Standings, Playoff Teams, NBA Finals
- Kyrie Irving Likely to Test Free Agency, Lakers and Knicks Top Destinations
- Grizzlies Beat Thunder by NBA Record 73 Points in 152-79 Win
- 2021-22 NBA Predictions: Eastern Conference, Western Conference, Playoffs and NBA Finals
- Grading the Lakers-Wizards Russell Westbrook Trade
- Top Ten Players Heading Into the: 2020-21 NBA Season, 2021-22 NBA Season
- Avalanche Defeat Red Wings 6-3 in MLK Day Matinee
- XFL Re-Launches for 2023 with 15 Quarterbacks Drafted
More By Me
- Chautauqua Park Trail and Boulder Flatirons: Photo Gallery
- My Top Films of 2022
- IDK Reorganizes Discography In To Six Distinct Playlists on Apple Music and Spotify
- Ariana Grande Fortnite Rift Tour Review
- Stumptown, Rose City, “Weird”: My Portland 2020 Day Trip
- Hike: Mount Beacon Fire Tower Out-and-Back
- Hike: Breakneck Ridge Loop
- Liberty State Park Walkway, Jersey City, NJ: Photo Gallery
- Review: Eternal Atake by Lil Uzi Vert
Header Photo Credits (L-R): (AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh, Winslow Townson/Getty Images)