After the second week of the 2022-23 NFL season, we know a little more about how the league’s 32 teams stack up against each other.
Lamar Jackson and Tua Tagovailoa surprisingly went toe-to-toe in the highest-scoring game of the season so far. The Green Bay Packers got back to business with a 27-10 win over the Chicago Bears. The New York Giants downed Baker Mayfield and the Carolina Panthers to get to 2-0, while the defending AFC Champion Cincinnati Bengals fell to 0-2 after losing to Cooper Rush and the Dallas Cowboys.
Week 2 was full of surprises and litmus tests, and each result affected my Power Rankings. Read on for my list, and if you’d like to debate or discuss any rankings, join the conversation with @SakSports on Twitter.
I apologize for any brevity, lack of pictures, lack of deep analysis, etc., I’m currently on a cross-country moving road trip with limited phone and no laptop access.
UPDATE: This article was released well in to Week 3, but reflects results only through Week 2. I did rank all 32 teams, but did not include a blurb for each of them due to the lateness.
- Final 2021-22 Regular Season Power Rankings
- One-Year Prediction: Top Ten Super Bowl 57 Contenders
- Post-Free Agency Power Rankings
- Training Camp Power Rankings
- NFL 2022: Preseason Power Rankings
- NFL 2022: Post-Week 1 Power Rankings
Post-Week 2 Power Rankings
- Buffalo Bills (2-0) [Last Week: 1]
- Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills dismantled the Titans 41-7 on Monday Night Football. Can I put them even higher than #1?
- Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) [Last Week: 2]
- The Kansas City Chiefs staved off Justin Herbert and the Chargers to improve to 2-0 and take an early command of the AFC West.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-0) [Last Week: 3]
- A slightly undermanned Tampa Bay Buccaneers team downed the Saints 20-10 following a chippy second half that got Mike Evans both ejected and suspended one game. Tom Brady and the Buccaneers is hardly firing on all cylinders yet, but disappointing starts from other top contenders keeps Tampa Bay in the Top Three.
- Baltimore Ravens (1-1) [Last Week: 4]
- The Baltimore Ravens defense spoiled an incredible afternoon from Lamar Jackson to somehow lose 42-38 to the Dolphins in Miami. Obviously the defense needs to improve, but Jackson’s electric day keeps my hopes for Baltimore high.
- Los Angeles Chargers (1-1) [Last Week: 5]
- Justin Herbert and the Los Angeles Chargers may have fallen just short, but their 27-24 Thursday Night Football loss proved that they’re right there behind the Chiefs. The Chargers are a Super Bowl contender.
- Miami Dolphins (2-0) [Last Week: 13]
- It turns out all Tua Tagovailoa needed was two of the best receivers in the game (Jaylen Waddle and new addition Tyreek Hill) to start playing like a top-tier quarterback. Tua tossed six touchdown passes in a thrilling 42-38 comeback win over the Ravens in Week 2.
- Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) [Last Week: 12]
- Los Angeles Rams (1-1) [Last Week: 7]
- Minnesota Vikings (1-1) [Last Week: 8]
- Green Bay Packers (1-1) [Last Week: 10]
- Arizona Cardinals (1-1) [Last Week: 12]
- Las Vegas Raiders (0-2) [Last Week: 9]
- San Francisco 49ers (1-1) [Last Week: 19]
- It’s pretty rare that losing your starting quarterback for the season actually improves your team’s prospects, but I like the San Francisco 49ers a lot more with Jimmy Garoppolo at the helm, and the endzone does too.
- Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) [Last Week: 6]
- Detroit Lions (1-1) [Last Week: 18]
- New York Giants (2-0) [Last Week: 26]
- New Orleans Saints (1-1) [Last Week: 16]
- Dallas Cowboys (1-1) [Last Week: 31]
- Tennessee Titans (0-2) [Last Week: 15]
- Cleveland Browns (1-1) [Last Week: 22]
- Atlanta Falcons (0-2) [Last Week: 28]
- New England Patriots (1-1) [Last Week: 26]
- Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1) [Last Week: 20]
- Washington Commanders (1-1) [Last Week: 21]
- Denver Broncos (1-1) [Last Week: 14]
- Carolina Panthers (0-2) [Last Week: 24]
- New York Jets (1-1) [Last Week: 32]
- Indianapolis Colts (0-1-1) [Last Week: 17]
- Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) [Last Week: 30]
- Houston Texans (0-1-1) [Last Week: 29]
- Chicago Bears (1-1) [Last Week: 27]
- The Chicago Bears still can’t handle Aaron Rodgers, as the Packers quarterback led Green Bay to an easy 27-10 win over Justin Fields and company on Sunday Night Football.
- Seattle Seahawks (1-1) [Last Week: 25]
- After a surprising Week 1 Monday Night Football win over the Broncos, the Seattle Seahawks regressed back to expectations with a 27-7 loss to the 49ers in Week 2.
- 2022-23 NFL Division Predictions: AFC East, AFC North, AFC South, AFC West, NFC East, NFC North, NFC South, NFC West
- 2022-23 NFL Position Rankings: Top 10 Quarterbacks, Top 10 Running Backs
- 2022-23 NFL Power Rankings: Post-Free Agency, Training Camp, Preseason, Week 1
- 2022-23 NFL Picks: Week 1, Week 2
- 2022-23 NFL Predictions: Playoffs and Super Bowl
- One-Year Prediction: Top Ten Super Bowl 57 Contenders
- Baker Mayfield Wins Panthers Starting Quarterback Role Over Sam Darnold
- Philadelphia Eagles Unveil Updated Team Name Art for 2022
- Top Landing Spots for Jimmy Garoppolo in 2022 and 2023
- Las Vegas Raiders Will Work Out Colin Kaepernick, Per Reports
- 8 Potential Trade Destinations for Deebo Samuel
- Denver Broncos Acquire Russell Wilson from Seattle Seahawks in League-Changing Trade
- NFL 2021: Playoff Bracket and Super Bowl 56 Matchup
- 2021-22 NFL Predictions: Playoffs and Super Bowl
- New York Giants Hire Bills Assistant GM Joe Schoen as General Manager
- New York Giants Fire Joe Judge After Two Seasons, 10-23 Record
- One-Year Prediction: Top Ten Super Bowl 56 Contenders
- Eli Manning is a Sure-Fire Hall of Famer
- BREAKING: Kyrie Irving Likely to Test Free Agency, Lakers and Knicks Top Destinations
- 2022 NBA Finals Prediction: Boston Celtics vs. Golden State Warriors
- 2022 Eastern Conference Finals Prediction: Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics
- LeBron Hits Game-Winner, Curry Scores 50 in MVP Performance, Team LeBron Wins 2022 NBA All-Star Game
- Grizzlies Beat Thunder by NBA Record 73 Points in 152-79 Win
- Top Ten Players Heading Into the 2021-22 NBA Season
- 2021-22 NBA Predictions: Playoffs and NBA Finals
- 2021-22 NBA Predictions: Western Conference
- 2021-22 NBA Predictions: Eastern Conference
- Grading the Lakers-Wizards Russell Westbrook Trade
- 2020-21 NBA Standings, Playoffs, NBA Finals Predictions
- Top Ten Players Heading Into the 2020-21 NBA Season
More By Me
- IDK Reorganizes Discography In To Six Distinct Playlists on Apple Music and Spotify
- Kanye West Drops Donda Deluxe, with 3 New Songs, Alternate Versions, and New Track Order
- Ariana Grande Fortnite Rift Tour Review
- No Fans Allowed at 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics: Should the Games be Postponed?
- Stumptown, Rose City, “Weird”: My Portland 2020 Day Trip
- Hike: Mount Beacon Fire Tower Out-and-Back
- Hike: Breakneck Ridge Loop
- Liberty State Park Walkway, Jersey City, NJ: Photo Gallery
- Review: Eternal Atake by Lil Uzi Vert
Header Photo Credits: NFL.com