The 2022-23 National Lacrosse League season is well underway.
In Week 7, the San Diego Seals suffered their first loss of the season, the defending champion Colorado Mammoth improved to 3-1, and the Rochester Knight Hawks won once again, improving to a perfect 5-0.
Read on as I rank all 15 NLL teams through seven weeks, but be warned: I’m a novice to both the sport and the league. If you’d like to debate or discuss any rankings with me, be sure to connect with Sak Sports Blog on Twitter or on Facebook!
Post-Week 7 Power Rankings
- Rochester Knight Hawks (5-0)
- The Rochester Knight Hawks defeated the winless New York Rip Tide 11-8 in Long Island to stay undefeated on the season. Rochester is tied with Toronto with a league-best +21 goal differential.
- Buffalo Bandits (4-1)
- The defending East Conference champions are sitting pretty once again at 4-1 after beating the Georgia Swarm 11-9 at home in Week 7. The Buffalo Bandits are scoring 13.6 goals per game while letting up just 10.0 per night. Josh Byrne (league-leading 20 goals) and Dhane Smith (league-leading 31 assists) are, surprise, first and second in the league in total points.
- Toronto Rock (3-2)
- The Toronto Rock are coming off an absolute blowout 17-8 win over Halifax at home in Week 7. Toronto is allowing a league-low 9.0 goals per game.
- San Deigo Seals (4-1)
- The San Diego Seals undefeated 4-0 start came to a halt in Week 7 with a 14-10 road loss to the Calgary Roughnecks.
- Colorado Mammoth (3-1)
- The defending NLL champions got revenge for an embarrassing 18-6 Week 1 loss against the Saskatchewan Rush, this time defeating them 11-10 in overtime at Ball Arena. The Colorado Mammoth have now won three straight, and play two more home games in a row before hitting the road.
- Calgary Roughnecks (3-2)
- The Calgary Roughnecks spoiled the San Diego Seals’ undefeated start, winning 10-9 at home behind three goals from Jesse King and five assists from Tyler Pace.
- Saskatchewan Rush (2-2)
- The Saskatchewan Rush fell to 2-2 following an 11-10 overtime loss to the Colorado Mammoth on the road.
- Albany Firewolves (2-2)
- The Albany Firewolves came out on top 11-10 in overtime in a thrilling back-and-forth Friday night match with the Halifax Thunderbirds. Kieran McCardle assisted on eight of Albany’s eleven goals.
- Halifax Thunderbirds (3-3)
- The Halifax Thunderbirds had a Week 7 to forget about, falling to the Albany Firewolves 11-10 in overtime and then losing 17-8 to the Toronto Rock. The fourth period started with a 10-5 Toronto advantage but quickly slipped away in to a much more embarrassing result.
- Panther City Lacrosse Club (3-3)
- After scoring just two goals in the first half, Panther City Lacrosse Club poured on ten goals in the second half, and with some stifling defense to boot, won 12-10 against the Philadelphia Wings in Pennsylvania.
- Philadelphia Wings (2-2)
- The 2-2 Philadelphia Wings have been outscored by six goals this season, and blew a 6-2 halftime lead in Week 7 against Panther City Lacrosse Club.
- Vancouver Warriors (1-4)
- The Vancouver Warriors scored eight goals in the first period and never looked back, defeating the Las Vegas Desert Dogs 19-16 for their first win of the season. Zack Greer netted five goals, with teammate Rob Hellyer dishing out 10 assists for 11 total points.
- Las Vegas Desert Dogs (0-4)
- The Las Vegas Desert Dogs lost again, surrendering 18 goals against the previously winless Vancouver Warriors. Las Vegas has been outscored by 16 goals this season.
- Georgia Swarm (0-4)
- The winless Georgia Swarm put up a fight against a good Buffalo Bandits team, but lost 11-9 in New York in Week 7. In just four games, the Swarm have been outscored by 17 goals.
- New York Riptide (0-4)
- The NLL’s Long Island franchise is easily the worst in the league so far: being outscored by 21 goals through four games, with an average loss by 5.2 goals per game. The Rip Tide lost 11-8 at home to Rochester in Week 7: progress from their average margin of loss.
- 2022-23 NFL Division Predictions: AFC East, AFC North, AFC South, AFC West, NFC East, NFC North, NFC South, NFC West
- 2022-23 NFL Position Rankings: Top 10 Quarterbacks, Top 10 Running Backs
- 2022-23 NFL Power Rankings: Post-Free Agency, Training Camp, Preseason, Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8, Week 9, Week 10, Week 11, Week 12, Week 13, Week 14, Week 15, Week 16, Week 17, Week 18, Wildcard
- 2022-23 NFL Picks: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8, Week 9, Week 10, Week 11, Week 12, Week 13, Week 14, Week 15, Week 16, Week 17, Week 18, Wildcard Weekend
- Playoff Bracket and Super Bowl 57 Prediction
- Preseason 2022-23 NFL Predictions: Playoffs and Super Bowl
- One-Year Prediction: Top Ten Super Bowl 57 Contenders
- Overtime Loss to Raiders Drops Broncos to 3-7, All But Ending Playoff Chances
- Kadarius Toney Scores 1st NFL Touchdown with Chiefs
- Philadelphia Eagles Unveil Updated Team Name Art for 2022
- Top Landing Spots for Jimmy Garoppolo in 2022 and 2023
- Las Vegas Raiders Will Work Out Colin Kaepernick, Per Reports
- 8 Potential Trade Destinations for Deebo Samuel
- Denver Broncos Acquire Russell Wilson from Seattle Seahawks in League-Changing Trade
- NFL 2021: Playoff Bracket and Super Bowl 56 Matchup
- 2021-22 NFL Predictions: Playoffs and Super Bowl
- Eli Manning is a Sure-Fire Hall of Famer
- 2022-23 NBA Predictions: Standings, Playoff Teams, NBA Finals
- Kyrie Irving Likely to Test Free Agency, Lakers and Knicks Top Destinations
- Grizzlies Beat Thunder by NBA Record 73 Points in 152-79 Win
- 2021-22 NBA Predictions: Eastern Conference, Western Conference, Playoffs and NBA Finals
- Grading the Lakers-Wizards Russell Westbrook Trade
- Top Ten Players Heading Into the: 2020-21 NBA Season, 2021-22 NBA Season
- Avalanche Defeat Red Wings 6-3 in MLK Day Matinee
- XFL Re-Launches for 2023 with 15 Quarterbacks Drafted
More By Me
- Chautauqua Park Trail and Boulder Flatirons: Photo Gallery
- My Top Films of 2022
- IDK Reorganizes Discography In To Six Distinct Playlists on Apple Music and Spotify
- Ariana Grande Fortnite Rift Tour Review
- Stumptown, Rose City, “Weird”: My Portland 2020 Day Trip
- Hike: Mount Beacon Fire Tower Out-and-Back
- Hike: Breakneck Ridge Loop
- Liberty State Park Walkway, Jersey City, NJ: Photo Gallery
- Review: Eternal Atake by Lil Uzi Vert
Header Photo Credits: Brandon Hill/NLL