The Miami Heat are 34-15, tied with the Boston Celtics for 3rd in the Eastern Conference. But the organization is staying agressive ahead of Thursday’s trade deadline, acquiring veteran Andre […]
The Miami Heat are 34-15, tied with the Boston Celtics for 3rd in the Eastern Conference. But the organization is staying agressive ahead of Thursday’s trade deadline, acquiring veteran Andre Iguodala from the Memphis Grizzlies.
NBA Insider Shams Charania first reported the Heat were in advanced discussions with the Grizzlies in a trade discussion for the disgruntled Iguodala. Just a few days ago, it appeared Iguodala was prepared to make his holdout season-long, demanding a trade to a contender.
Iguodala can provide his defensive ability and championship-winning experience to a hungry Heat squad.
Adrian Wojnarowksi added that Miami could also be trying to pry Danilo Gallinari away from the Denver Nuggets.
Less than half an hour later, the deal to acquire Iguodala had been completed. In addition to the trade, Iguodala signs a two-year, $30-million extension with the Heat.
More details, including what Miami will give up, to follow.
UPDATE 2/5/20 8:52 PM ET: Heat forward Justice Winslow will head to the Grizzlies in the trade.
Header Photo Credit: Frank Gunn/AP
- Preseason Predictions: Standings, Playoff Teams, Super Bowl Matchup
- NFL Playoff Bracket Predictions and Super Bowl Matchup
- 7 Landing Spots IF Tom Brady Left the Patriots
- Eli Manning is a Sure-Fire Hall of Famer
- Sak Sports Blog Super Bowl 54 Prediction
- Chargers, Raiders Emerge As Suitors If Tom Brady Becomes Free Agent
- 2019-20 NBA Predictions: Standings, Playoff Teams, MVP and Finals Matchup
- NBA Season-Opening Power Rankings, Post-Week 1, Post-Week 2
- Nets’ Spencer Dinwiddie, Magic’s Terrence Ross Change Jersey Numbers to Honor Kobe Bryant
- Re-Selecting the 2020 NBA All-Stars
- Timberwolves Look to Acquire D’Angelo Russell From Warriors in 3 or 4-Team Deal
- James Heats Up From Deep, Scores 36, Lakers Down Spurs 129-102
- Clint Capela, Robert Covington, Evan Turner, Gerald Green on the Move in 4-Team, 12-Player Trade
- Future and Drake Drop New Track “Life is Good”
- Lil Wayne’s “Funeral” and More New Music Dropping 1/31/2020