Even when he’s not playing in the Super Bowl, Tom Brady finds himself in the headlines on Super Bowl Sunday. With his future playing career up in the air, two teams officially emerged as suitors for Brady’s services should he end his relationship with the New England Patriots. The Los Angeles Chargers and Oakland (soon to be Las Vegas) Raiders […]
Even when he’s not playing in the Super Bowl, Tom Brady finds himself in the headlines on Super Bowl Sunday. With his future playing career up in the air, two teams officially emerged as suitors for Brady’s services should he end his relationship with the New England Patriots.
The Los Angeles Chargers and Oakland (soon to be Las Vegas) Raiders have been linked to a pursuit of Brady if he becomes available this offseason.
The news feels a little sensationalized and clickbait, but with Adam Schefter, one of the most respected names in the NFL world, reporting it on Super Bowl Sunday, I would hope there’s some truth to the rumors. Specifically, Schefter broke the news the Raiders were interested in bringing in Brady alongside their move to Las Vegas.
The Chargers have been linked to Brady since the end of the regular season, and even more so after the decision to move on from Philip Rivers at the quarterback position.
Of course, there are sure to be quite a few suitors if Brady decides to leave his long-time situation in New England and test the free agent waters.
When I wrote about Brady’s Top 7 Landing Spots if he were to become a free agent in early January, the Chargers topped the list of potential suitors. I didn’t list the Raiders as a spot, and am still skeptical Brady would walk into a situation that isn’t already primed for success.
- Preseason Predictions: Standings, Playoff Teams, Super Bowl Matchup
- Halfway Point Updated NFL Predictions: Standings, Playoffs, and Super Bowl
- NFL Playoff Bracket Predictions and Super Bowl Matchup
- NFL Wildcard Predictions
- NFL Divisional Round Predictions
- 7 Landing Spots IF Tom Brady Left the Patriots
- New York Giants Usher In New Era, Hiring Joe Judge as Head Coach
- Eli Manning is a Sure-Fire Hall of Famer
- Washington QB Jacob Eason Declares for 2020 NFL Draft
- #3 Clemson Comes Back to Defeat #2 Ohio State 29-23, Advance to National Championship
- Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa Declares for 2020 NFL Draft
- 2019-20 NBA Predictions: Standings, Playoff Teams, MVP and Finals Matchup
- Zion Williamson Scores 17 Straight for Pelicans in NBA Debut
- Lakers Down Nets 128-113, LeBron Notches Triple Double in Win over Kyrie Irving
- LeBron James Passes Kobe Bryant For 3rd on All-Time Scoring List
- Nets’ Spencer Dinwiddie, Magic’s Terrence Ross Change Jersey Numbers to Honor Kobe Bryant
- Trae Young Drops 39 Points and 18 Assists in Hawks 127-117 Win over 76ers
- Kanye West Finally Releases Jesus Is King
- Future and Drake Drop New Track “Life is Good”
- Lil Wayne’s “Funeral” and More New Music Dropping 1/31/2020
Header Photo: Associated Press via NBC Sports