The Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks have met three times this year, giving us exciting basketball games when three of the best players in the league take the same […]
The Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks have met three times this year, giving us exciting basketball games when three of the best players in the league take the same floor.
On Friday night, the teams meet for their fourth and final regular season meeting of the 2019-20 season. The Lakers took the first game 119-110 in OT on November 1. A month later on December 1, the Mavericks evened the series with a 114-100 win. Most recently, the Lakers outlasted Dallas 108-95 on December 29.
Hopefully the fourth round can deliver a great game in the national spotlight: but the status of Los Angeles two biggest stars remains a question mark.
LeBron James is all but certain to play, listed as probable. He played against the New York Knicks on Tuesday despite an illness, putting up 31 points, 5 assists and 5 rebounds in 31 minutes.
Anthony Davis, the team’s leading scorer, hurt his back against the Knicks in the third quarter of that same game. MRI results came back negative, providing a sigh of relief for Lakers fans. Davis is listed as questionable, but given his injury history, it may be wise to wait and ease him back into play if he’s not 100%.
After all, it is just a regular season game. It’s a high octane matchup and one that will bring bragging rights if the Lakers can secure the season series. But at the end of the day, the Lakers sit atop the Western Conference, and the Mavericks in 7th. Los Angeles shouldn’t rush Davis back to the court if he’ll be susceptible to any further injury.
The Lakers and Mavericks meet in Dallas on Friday night on ESPN (9:45 PM ET / 8:45 PM CT.)
- Preseason Predictions: Standings, Playoff Teams, Super Bowl Matchup
- Weekly Picks: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
- Power Rankings: Post-Week 4, Post-Week 5, Post-Week 6, Post-Week 7, Post-Week 8, Post-Week 9, Post-Week 10, Post-Week 11
- Halfway Point Updated NFL Predictions: Standings, Playoffs, and Super Bowl
- NFL Wildcard Predictions
- NFL Divisional Round Predictions
- NFL Playoff Bracket Predictions and Super Bowl Matchup
- 13th in the AFC, the New York Jets Have a Clear Path to the Playoffs
- Texans Overcome 16-0 Deficit, Beat Bills 22-19 in Overtime
- 7 Landing Spots IF Tom Brady Left the Patriots
- Dallas Cowboys Choose Mike McCarthy as Next Head Coach
- New York Giants Usher In New Era, Hiring Joe Judge as Head Coach
- Washington QB Jacob Eason Declares for 2020 NFL Draft
- #3 Clemson Comes Back to Defeat #2 Ohio State 29-23, Advance to National Championship
- Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa Declares for 2020 NFL Draft
- 2019-20 NBA Predictions: Standings, Playoff Teams, MVP and Finals Matchup
- NBA Season-Opening Power Rankings, Post-Week 1, Post-Week 2
- Lakers Down Spurs, LeBron James Gets 83rd Career Triple Double
- Lakers Beat Bulls for 6th Straight Win, LeBron James 3rd Straight Triple Double
- Davis and James Handle Heat for Lakers 7th Straight Win
Header photo: Stacy Revere/Getty Images