About an hour ahead of the start of the NBA’s legal trading period, the Houston Chronicle officially broke the news of a rumor that had circulated over the weekend. All-Star […]
About an hour ahead of the start of the NBA’s legal trading period, the Houston Chronicle officially broke the news of a rumor that had circulated over the weekend. All-Star guard James Harden reportedly wants out of the Houston after eight seasons with the Rockets franchise.
While Harden is still under contract and can’t control where he will play next season, he’s apparently made his preferred destination clear: he wants to play with Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, and DeAndre Jordan on the Brooklyn Nets.
In the era where two or more All-Stars teaming up is quite common, Harden to the Brooklyn Nets would still shake up the league in a major way. The super trio of Kyrie Irving, James Harden, and Kevin Durant would arguably be the best three-player combination in the NBA today. From an offensive standpoint, it could be one of the best trios the league has ever seen.
This does raise an early concern, however: how will there be enough shots to go around? Though Irving and Harden have ran the point for their teams in the past, both players like to get involved in shooting early and often. Durant is also a very high-volume shooter, begging the question: how will all three players get an adequate number of shots and stay happy with their situation?
Brooklyn would likely have to give up a hefty haul to pry Harden away from Houston. Besides draft picks, reasonable capital could include Caris Lavert, Jarrett Allen, and Spencer Dinwiddie. The Nets would have to sacrifice their young core and future draft prospects to go all-in on a historic trio right now.
With the trade rumors swirling and quickly developing, Harden could be on the move as early as today, the first day NBA trades can be officially processed. Stay tuned to Sak Sports Blog on Twitter for updates.
- 2020-21 NFL Predictions: Standings and Super Bowl Matchup
- NFL 2020 Midseason Predictions: Final Standings and Super Bowl Matchup
- NFL 2020 Picks: Week 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- NFL 2020 Power Rankings: Post-Week 1, Post-Week 2, Post-Week 3, Post-Week 4, Post-Week 5, Post-Week 6, Post-Week 7, Post-Week 8, Post-Week 9
- Race to the Bottom: Will the Giants or Jets Finish with the NFL’s Worst Record?
- How Much is Saquon Barkley Worth to the Giants?
- Expectations for Odell Beckham Jr’s Second Year in Cleveland
- NFC 2020: Who’s In, Who’s Out
- AFC 2020: Who’s In, Who’s Out
- Quarterback Dilemma in Chicago: Nick Foles vs Mitch Trubisky
- 2019 Preseason Predictions: Standings, Playoff Teams, Super Bowl Matchup
- 2019 NFL Playoff Bracket Predictions and Super Bowl Matchup
- Eli Manning is a Sure-Fire Hall of Famer
- “Run it Back:” Anthony Davis to Re-Sign with Los Angeles Lakers
- Who is 76ers Guard Shake Milton?
- 2019-20 NBA Predictions: Standings, Playoff Teams, MVP and Finals Matchup
- Re-Selecting the 2020 NBA All-Stars
- Top Five Duos in the NBA Bubble
- Track Review: Give No Fvk by Migos featuring Young Thug and Travis Scott
- Track Review: @ MEH by Playboi Carti
- Review: Eternal Atake by Lil Uzi Vert
Travel and Hiking
Header Photo Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports