The NFL’s second week of action has already shaken up the landscape of the 2020-21 season. Thought the New Orleans Saints were a well-oiled machine? Well Derek Carr and the Las Vegas Raiders took care of them on Monday night. Thought the Kansas City Chiefs would steamroll over their divisional foes? Patrick Mahomes needed overtime to take care of Justin […]
The NFL’s second week of action has already shaken up the landscape of the 2020-21 season.
Thought the New Orleans Saints were a well-oiled machine? Well Derek Carr and the Las Vegas Raiders took care of them on Monday night. Thought the Kansas City Chiefs would steamroll over their divisional foes? Patrick Mahomes needed overtime to take care of Justin Herbert and the Los Angeles Chargers. Thought the Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, or Chicago Bears had a fluke win in Week 1? All three of those teams now stand at 2-0.
There’s still plenty of football left to play, but through two weeks, this is how I have the 32 teams stacking up against one another. Agree? Disagree? Care to debate? Be sure to reach me on Twitter @SakSports.
Previous Rankings: Post-Week 1
- Baltimore Ravens (2-0) [Last Week: 2]
- New team at the top: After the Kansas City Chiefs needed a comeback and overtime victory to dispatch the Los Angeles Chargers, the Ravens take the leap to the top of the power rankings following back-to-back dominant wins.
- Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) [Last Week: 1]
- Knocked off the top of the totem pole: Make no mistake, the target is still on the Chiefs backs as the team to beat in 2020. But the defending Super Bowl champions are still vulnerable at times, and almost let rookie quarterback Justin Herbert upset them.
- Seattle Seahawks (2-0) [Last Week: 4]
- Green Bay Packers (2-0) [Last Week: 5]
- New Orleans Saints (1-1) [Last Week: 3]
- San Francisco 49ers (1-1) [Last Week: 6]
- Buffalo Bills (2-0) [Last Week: 7]
- Tennessee Titans (2-0) [Last Week: 8]
- New England Patriots (1-1) [Last Week: 10]
- Moving up despite a loss: I didn’t expect the Patriots to put up such a fight against a dominant Seattle Seahawks team, but New England was in the game until the final play.
- Arizona Cardinals (2-0) [Last Week: 11]
- Las Vegas Raiders (2-0) [Last Week: 18]
- Biggest winner of Week 2: Up seven spots after beating the New Orleans Saints on Monday Night Football. Derek Carr, Jon Gruden, and the Raiders just might be for real.
- Los Angeles Rams (2-0) [Last Week: 14]
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1) [Last Week: 13]
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0) [Last Week: 17]
- Houston Texans (0-2) [Last Week: 12]
- Best winless team: The Houston Texans are 0-2, but faced the Kansas City Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens. Who wouldn’t be 0-2 with that kind of slate to start the season? It only gets easier from here for Houston.
- Chicago Bears (2-0) [Last Week: 15]
- Worst undefeated team: I don’t think people gave Chicago enough credit coming into this season. But I’m still not putting them above the Steelers, Rams, or Raiders for one reason: they’ve only beaten the Detroit Lions (#25) and New York Giants (#26.) Still need to see more out of the Bears.
- Dallas Cowboys (1-1) [Last Week: 16]
- Indianapolis Colts (1-1) [Last Week; 20]
- Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) [Last Week: 21]
- Atlanta Falcons (0-2) [Last Week: 25]
- Moving up despite a loss: Atlanta’s defense should be ashamed of giving up a 20-0 lead, as well as nine-point leas with three minutes left to play. But the Falcons offense, ranked third in the league, is playing so well, so the Dirty Birds rise three spots in this week’s rankings.
- Los Angeles Chargers (1-1) [Last Week: 22]
- Minnesota Vikings (0-2) [Last Week: 9]
- Biggest loser of Week 2: I was willing to give the Vikings the benefit of the doubt after losing in a high-scoring affair with the Green Bay Packers in Week 1. But after being embarassed by the Colts in Week 2, it might just be that Minnesota isn’t too good.
- Philadelphia Eagles (0-2) [Last Week: 19]
- Denver Broncos (0-2) [Last Week: 24]
- Detroit Lions (0-2) [Last Week: 26]
- New York Giants (0-2) [Last Week: 27]
- Carolina Panthers (0-2) [Last Week: 23]
- Miami Dolphins (0-2) [Last Week: 32]
- Out of the cellar: Ranking the Dolphins 32nd last week didn’t feel right, and after nearly upsetting the Buffalo Bills, Miami rises four spots to #28.
- Cleveland Browns (1-1) [Last Week: 31]
- Washington Football Team (1-1) [Last Week: 28]
- New York Jets (0-2) [Last Week: 30]
- Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) [Last Week: 29]
- Bottom of the barrel: Despite historic passing efforts from Joe Burrow, the Bengals aren’t all that good as a team. Their struggle to score points on the Chargers and Browns could be an indicator of a long rookie season ahead for Burrow’s first year in Cincinnati.
- 2020-21 NFL Predictions: Standings and Super Bowl Matchup
- NFL 2020 Picks: Week 1, 2
- NFL 2020: Post-Week 1 Power Rankings
- Cam Newton Wins 1st Patriots Start 21-11 over Dolphins
- Recap: Roethlisberger’s Return Spoils Judge’s Debut, Steelers Beat Giants 26-16
- Expectations for Odell Beckham Jr’s Second Year in Cleveland
- NFC 2020: Who’s In, Who’s Out
- AFC 2020: Who’s In, Who’s Out
- Quarterback Dilemma in Chicago: Nick Foles vs Mitch Trubisky
- 2019 Preseason Predictions: Standings, Playoff Teams, Super Bowl Matchup
- 2019 NFL Playoff Bracket Predictions and Super Bowl Matchup
- Eli Manning is a Sure-Fire Hall of Famer
- MLB Releases 60-Game Schedule Ahead of 2020 Season
- Updated 2020 MLB World Series Odds
- Phillies Announce 2020 Opening Day Lineup
- Series Recap #1: Phillies Drop Two of Three, Allow 17 Runs Over Three Games Against Marlins
- Entire Phillies-Yankees Series Postponed After Marlins COVID-19 Outbreak
- Who is 76ers Guard Shake Milton?
- 2019-20 NBA Predictions: Standings, Playoff Teams, MVP and Finals Matchup
- Re-Selecting the 2020 NBA All-Stars
- MLS is Back Recap: Days 1-2
- MLS is Back Recap: Days 3-5
- MLS is Back Recap: Days 6-9
- ‘MLS is Back Tournament’: What We Need to Know
- Kevin Durant Becomes Minority Owner of MLS’ Philadelphia Union
- Track Review: Give No Fvk by Migos featuring Young Thug and Travis Scott
- Track Review: @ MEH by Playboi Carti
- Review: Eternal Atake by Lil Uzi Vert
Travel and Hiking
Header Photo: Isaac Brekken/AP