You can’t make this stuff up. After missing the first two months of the season due to a New York City mandate that prevented unvaccinated Kyrie Irving from participating in […]
You can’t make this stuff up. After missing the first two months of the season due to a New York City mandate that prevented unvaccinated Kyrie Irving from participating in home games for the Brooklyn Nets, the team announced earlier this week in a change of heart that Irving would re-join the team to play exclusively in road contests.
But just as swiftly as Brooklyn decided to bring the All-Star guard back to the team, his return was delayed once again: as Irving joined a slew of Nets players in health and safety protocols on Saturday afternoon.
This doesn’t exactly mean Irving is sick with COVID-19, as he could have returned a false positive or otherwise “inconclusive” test result. As an unvaccinated player, Irving will need to test negative for five consecutive days before he can return the court.
While the Nets have gotten by just fine without Irving so far, leading the Eastern Conference at 21-8, Irving’s delay in returning to the court still doesn’t help Brooklyn. Irving is one of nine Nets players currently in health and safety protocols, including fellow All-Stars Kevin Durant and James Harden.
Assuming Saturday is Day Zero for Irving’s positive test, he could be eligible to return by December 24: just in time for a road matchup with LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers on Christmas Day, followed by another game in Los Angeles on December 27 against the Clippers.
If Irving’s positive tests linger into next week, a more realistic return date could be January 5 against the Indiana Pacers or January 12 against the Chicago Bulls, Brooklyn’s next two road games after the pair in Los Angeles.
- 2021-22 NFL Power Rankings: Post-Week 1, Post-Week 2, Post-Week 3, Post-Week 4, Post-Week 5, Post-Week 6, Post-Week 7, Post-Week 8, Post-Week 9, Post-Week 10, Post-Week 11, Post-Week 12, Post-Week 13, Post-Week 14
- 2021-22 NFL Picks: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8, Week 9, Week 10, Week 11, Week 12, Week 13, Week 14, Week 15
- 2021-22 NFL Predictions: Playoffs and Super Bowl
- NFL 2021: Midseason Predictions and Super Bowl 56 Matchup
- NFL 2021: Half Season MVP Watch
- New York Giants Recaps: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4
- Taysom Hill Throws Four Interceptions in 1st Start of Season
- Carson Wentz, Jonathan Taylor, Indianapolis Colts Are In Prime Playoff Position
- Rodgers, Packers Hand Murray, Cardinals First Loss of Season After 7-0 Start
- 2021-22 NFL Predictions: NFC West
- 2021-22 NFL Predictions: NFC South
- 2021-22 NFL Predictions: NFC North
- 2021-22 NFL Predictions: NFC East
- 2021-22 NFL Predictions: AFC West
- 2021-22 NFL Predictions: AFC South
- 2021-22 NFL Predictions: AFC North
- 2021-22 NFL Predictions: AFC East
- One-Year Prediction: Top Ten Super Bowl 56 Contenders
- Eli Manning is a Sure-Fire Hall of Famer
- Grizzlies Beat Thunder by NBA Record 73 Points in 152-79 Win
- NBA 2021-22: December Power Rankings
- NBA 2021-22: November Power Rankings
- Top Ten Players Heading Into the 2021-22 NBA Season
- 2021-22 NBA Predictions: Playoffs and NBA Finals
- 2021-22 NBA Predictions: Western Conference
- 2021-22 NBA Predictions: Eastern Conference
- Grading the Lakers-Wizards Russell Westbrook Trade
- Five Trade Destinations for 76ers Guard Ben Simmons
- 2020-21 NBA Standings, Playoffs, NBA Finals Predictions
- Top Ten Players Heading Into the 2020-21 NBA Season
More By Me
- Kanye West Drops Donda Deluxe, with 3 New Songs, Alternate Versions, and New Track Order
- Ariana Grande Fortnite Rift Tour Review
- No Fans Allowed at 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics: Should the Games be Postponed?
- Stumptown, Rose City, “Weird”: My Portland 2020 Day Trip
- Hike: Mount Beacon Fire Tower Out-and-Back
- Hike: Breakneck Ridge Loop
- Review: Eternal Atake by Lil Uzi Vert
Header Photo: NBA.com